Sep 21, 2013

SATURDAY's PHOTO HUNTING - Books



After 44 years of marriage and the books we inherited, the basement is full and Mr. G's room a library !



A French Encyclopedia from 1972



"Modern" encyclopedia in German from 1972



Enciclopedia Illustrata in Italian from 1954

(Conclusion : Wikipedia takes less space ! )



World War II in French from 1972



Schiller's books in German from 1847



Goethe in German from 1927



Agatha Christie in French from 1963



An old family bible from 1810 in German





and another Bible from 1916, but I can't read to whom it belonged. Probably my father's family.


Next weeks theme : A shot from your hip
Theme list in the sidebar







11 comments:

Carver said...

You have a great collection of beautiful books.

Trekcapri said...

Hi Gattina, what a wonderful photo collection for this weeks theme. And books from 1810 and 1916. That's pretty amazing. Love your Agatha Christi collection.

Have a great weekend.

YTSL said...

Your book collection looks and sounds amazing! Re encyclopaedias: I remember when they seemed a must for every house and there was such a profession as encyclopaedia salesman...

Cezar and Léia said...

wow you found some treasures for the theme today, wonderful books, an amazing collection!
happy weekend
Léia

RNSANE said...

Such a wonderful and fascinating selection of books, especially the Bibles and encyclopedia in every language.

Most of my books, as I wrote in Photo Huntings, are no longer with me, sad to say.

RNSANE said...

What a wonderful library, and in three languages...or more, actually. I love all the encyclopedias and the Bibles, especially.

Sadly, most of my books are not longer with me as I wrote in my Photo Huntings.

Sue St Clair said...

OMG I LOVE your feline bookends :) That is quite an impressive library. We have two bibles one from Hungary, and the other German. My Uncle has the German one and dates from early 20th century.

my rousing with books Photo Hunt blog entry for this week

EastCoastLife said...

I see some very interesting books. Oh my, some of them are much older than I.

magiceye said...

That is a lot of knowledge!

EG CameraGirl said...

Lovely collection of book. Amazing you have such an old Bible!

Annie said...

What a cool library you have - I enjoyed seeing all of your books!