Jun 22, 2013

SATURDAY's PHOTO HUNTING - Sculptures



Statues I have seen during my tour around the UK



Greyfriars Bobby  was a Skye Terrier who became known in 19th-century Edinburgh for supposedly spending 14 years guarding the grave of his owner until he died himself on 14 January 1872.



Jester statue in Stratford on Avon


The Navigators' by David Kemp. Hay's Galleria, London



and Nessie at Loch Ness

Next week's theme :
With what do you like to travel (books, Ipads, special clothing ... )
Theme list in the sidebar





10 comments:

YTSL said...

Cool sculptures! I have to admit that I like the one of Nessie best... I think it's because of the color and curves! ;b

Trekcapri said...

Hi Gattina, when visiting Edinburgh in 2009, I also had to visit Greyfriars Bobby too. The second sculpture makes me smile. Wonderful photos for the theme.

Have a great weekend.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I've heard of “Bobby” the little dog. I went to a bridal shower the first of June and my poor little Daisy doggie just laid on our bed...she thought her little world was turn up side down.
I can relate to court jester my life...If you can't laugh about life one would need to take extra medications...coffee is on

Mar said...

What a loyal dog! interesting sculptures, love Nessie's :) Happy weekend, I am back again

LifeRamblings said...

how cool. i love Jester best.

Annie said...

I've heard of that little dog too; happy to see what he looks like. I love your collection of quirky UK sculptures. Happy weekend!

Carver said...

You did such a good job with showing us a variety of different sculptures. Happy Weekend!

TZ said...

Cool shots of different sculptures especially the last one. :) I didn't see that when i visited Loch Ness.

Sue St Clair said...

These are all such fun examples of sculpture! I liked the big purple Nessie too :)

Team Tabby said...

Thanks for showing us all of those wonderful sculptures! Each is so very unique.