Jun 30, 2012

SATURDAY PHOTO HUNTING - Street Art, Graffiti




During my round trip through Tunisia I noticed that graffitis are very hard to find. It is not like in the Western Countries, where the walls are all besmeared wherever you go.



This was the only one I have seen in Tunis on the whole trip !



and this love declaration in Cartaghe on a Roman colon dated 146 after J.C

But I found a lot of street art, I have to say that Tunisians are very creative !



I wouldn't say that this is a graffiti, but rather a wall painting












All along the streets and roundabouts were fanciful statues

11 comments:

Annie said...

Those are some fantastic huge sculptures - I like them a lot! Hope you had a wonderful holiday, Gattina.

Carver said...

The street art and sculpture are fantastic. Hope your trip was great fun.

magiceye said...

Wonderful art!

YTSL said...

The street art in Tunisia does indeed appear really cool! :)

Trekcapri said...

Hi Gattina, the statues are really cool and so creative. I enjoyed seeing your photos from Tunisia.

Hope you are have a great time and I look forward to seeing more of your photos. Safe travels.

Jama said...

Graffiti is an offense here in Singapore, but we do have an area specifically for graffiti artists to showcase their talent.

Mar said...

A colorful and special collection! glad you are back in one piece.
Cheers!

magiceye said...

Have posted a revised link. Apologies.

Sue said...

The sculptures are fabulous! I like the ancient graffiti too :)

EastCoastLife said...

Love the pretty colours of this country.

Cezar and Léia said...

Ah, good to know that they're rather clean of graffiti...
The last sculpture brings to mind some Mexican thing...
God bless you!
Cezar