Apr 9, 2011

PHOTO HUNTERS - ROUND ROBINS




Once somebody offered me a ceramic cat for my birthday, that's at least 30 years ago. Ever since everybody offers me cats for birthdays, Christmas, wedding anniversaries, visits or other occasions, with the result that meanwhile I have a cat collection of about 450 cats in all sizes, shapes and materials. I don't complain !





Here is the upper and lower part of a vitrine standing in then entrance



















and a few cats picked out of my collection.

*****

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

more participants here







My neighbor's Magnolia tree

13 comments:

quilly said...

All those cats are wonderfully cute but I would complain. Who dusts them?!

I have been away for a long time because I have been so busy. I would peek in from time to time and see the cats, but not take time to comment.

YTSL said...

Nice tree pics. What's the name of the first one? It looks really unusual to me!

Linda said...

Each cat certainly has its own personality, doesn't it? Great pictures!

fredamans said...

Wonderful cat collection!

sunflowerkat321 said...

My daughter was collecting cats for awhile. We were just coming across interesting ones everywhere. Looks like you've got some really nice and unusual ones.

Great collection!

Kat
http://inmydreamssfk.blogspot.com/2011/03/this-was-amazing.html

gitwizard said...

I love that first tree photo also. There are some great cat pics too.

Gypsi said...

Love your tree photos, and your amazing cat collection! :)


My tree photo is here.

EastCoastLife said...

That's a wonderful collection of cats!! 450 of them. Wow.

I love their neighbour's magnolia tree. A pretty sight from your window, eh?

ros@dimaggio63 said...

Magnifica la statua del gatto egiziano !
Myriam

Erin said...

Now THAT is a collection! How many did you actually buy and how many were given to you?

Mar said...

I only collect dust bunnies , lol!

I love magnolia trees! how lucky your neighbors have such a beautiful one! happy weekend,

among trees

Jama said...

I just knew you would be sharing your collections of 'cats', you did mention before , you had hundreds of them! :p

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Wow! What a huge collection! I just love some of the individual cats and groupings of cat figures you did in the later photos, especially the set of three, the fireplace cats and the blue Egyptian-looking one. Wonderful!