Sep 13, 2010

MACRO MONDAY - MELLOW YELLOW MONDAY


More participants at Lisa's Chaos

On Saturday I went to an exposition of minerals, semi precious stones, fossils etc



Here are the names, if you want to know, I always forget



These stones look as if they had little landscapes painted on them



here is a close up







Aren't they amazing ? They came from all around the world



a turquoise rose (very little)



Fossils


Yellow Mellow Monday

MellowYellowMondayBadge

here





I easily could imagine myself doing my shopping in these cute cars !



But certainly not in this !


In the same building is a permanent car exposition from the first cars around 1900 until today.

12 comments:

Thom said...

Was the first yellow car yours by chance? BWAHAHAHA I love love love those stones and those close up's are amazing. Thanks for sharing :)

Jama said...

Amazing stones! did you buy any?

Liz said...

Wonderful photos. I like the turquoise flower.

Happy MYM.

Liz @ MLC

Maaike said...

lovely stones!
great macro's

Vicki said...

The details in the stones are great. Nice shots.

RNSANE said...

Wonderful post...the stones are lovely. I have some beautiful pieces myself of jasper, and several others. I seldom wear them and really should more often.

The yellow cars are wonderful. I need to win the lottery!

Cezar and Léia said...

You always find wonderful and lovely subjects to do your posts!Amazing set os pictures today, well done!
BTW, we visited your son city during this weekend and I remember you so much there! :)
oh Gattina and you can't believe but we got a beautiful sun during the weekend!
Hugs
Léia

jabblog said...

Very colourful photos! The stones and fossils are so interesting. As for the cars, I'll have the second one, please :-)

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

Wow Ms. G!!! I do so very much love the stones photos you've shared. Stunning.


Here is my macro link

Hope to have you visit if time allows! Happy Monday.

Ann said...

I am not a very stone person LOL, but what about we two zoom around the city in that last car? We are bound to turn heads.

"Lillagul" said...

Amazing stones and great shots !
My favorite stone is the blue one :)

boliyou said...

Love those yellow cars, especially the first one.