10.9.09

WINDOW VIEWS - Belgian Coast

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
More participants here at Maryt The Teach





Windows "en masse" ! the ugliest coastline I have ever seen in my life is at the Belgian coast That's what you see when you are on the beach and look at the promenade.

All old houses dating of the 19th century were distroyed and replaced by these glass boxes. Of course there are more flats to rent and more money to make.

and just on the other side of the same sea in the UK, the old houses were renovated



I wonder why Belgium did not do the same ?

5 comments:

Thom said...

Those are beautiful. I lvoe all these photos. Where is the rain that I keep hearing about?

kaye said...

It does make you wonder. Nice thoughts. If you’d like to drop by and see my sepia scene & window views, they are here. thanks!

storyteller said...

Yup ... that's a LOT of windows!!! Many places in the world have had similar redevelopment. Methinks it's quite short-sighted in the end. I've missed a few weeks but did get my act together this morning and posted at Sacred Ruminations ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

boliyou said...

Such a shame that the old historic homes were taken down. You did a lovely job of capturing the coastline.

imac said...

Great photos Gattina, glad you enjoyed your break in the UK.