Jun 3, 2009

ABC IN IDIOMS - I J and K L

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

More participants here at Jientje

As I was away in Morocco and today I am sitting in the plane home, I prepared this yesterday in the hope that the letters are right.

All pictures were taken in Morocco
Photobucket
the donkey is still the most important transport item ! at least in the very south.

In donkey years. I haven't seen her in donkey's years.'
This means for a very long time.

Photobucket
View on the Atlas mountains

Jungle
out there
If someone says that it is a jungle out there, they mean that the situation is dangerous and there are no rules.

Photobucket
A camel which accepted a bottle of water with pleasure

Keep
your chin up
This expression is used to tell someone to have confidence.

Photobucket
The Majorelle garden in Marrakech, where you can visit the Yves St. Laurent memorial

Lead someone up the garden path
If someone leads you up the garden path, they deceive you, or give you false information that causes you to waste your time. 'Lead someone down the garden path' is also used.

6 comments:

quilly said...

I love your camel drinking water! Great idioms and fantastic pictures!

Thom said...

First I hope you are having a safe flights and I look forward to hearing all about your trip. Wonderful Idioms Gattina. I really enjoyed them and the pictures so express them very well.

aguthrieimages said...

The shot of the camel is a riot Gattina, so much fun!

T and S said...

That image of the camel drinking water is so cute and funny at the same time. Beautifully shot

ROSIDAH said...

Wonderful idioms and shots! It seems that you had a great time in Morocco. Have a great day, Gattina :)

Jientje said...

Wow Gattina, excellent jobyou did this week! Keeping your chin up is my favorite one, that camel shot is amazing! I had never heard of that last one before, you taught me something new today!
Judging from the rest of the photo's in other posts, it looks like you had one heck of a colorful journey!!