May 15, 2009

SKYWATCH FRIDAY

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
More participants here at
Skywatch Friday

I took these pictures at the Waterloo battle field. It shows a typical Belgian sky when the weather is uncertain. The trees had been cut in automn, and the leaves are just coming out.

Photobucket

That's how it looked when I arrived

Photobucket

Photobucket
I just see that there is an airplane in the sky !

Photobucket


Photobucket

and when I left. I thought with a black sky it makes place a little ghostly.

13 comments:

Pietro said...

Very fine landscapes, Gattina!
Those cutted trees go so well with the skies.
Happy Sky Watch!

Babooshka said...

The location alone is dramatic, but the images are so powerful and haunting. I really like these.

Wonder Turquette said...

The naked trees constitute a strong contrast with that pure blue sky with white clouds. However, I would never imagine that this area was used as battlefield.
Have a nice weekend!

Gennasus said...

Those trees make great shapes against the sky.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Beautiful skywatch shots. The second one is my favorite.

Erin said...

happy friday gattina.
love those trees. remind me of how they trimmed the ones in italy. they are like fingers reaching out :)
beautiful captures each and every one.
have a lovely weekend.

Greg Dimitriadis said...

Great pictures! I must visit Waterloo some time.

Bonggamom said...

The tree silhouettes are so dramatic. Great photos!

Ralph said...

Decades ago I was at Waterloo. These trees look great, unique against the sky. I wonder how the lion looks against the beautiful Belgian skies...Nice!

Karen said...

Awesome photos of the trees silhouetted against the sky..

I really like the first and last one ...dramatic !

byrningbunny said...

Beautiful. You've captured the moods of the sky.

Happily Retired Gal said...

Lovely series ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

SandyCarlson said...

These shots are amazing.