May 20, 2009

ABC IN IDIOMS - G + H

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

More participants here at Jientje

Photobucket

Grass may be greener on the other side but it's just as hard to mow

is an expression used to mean a person's desire to have that which another person has

Photobucket

Come hell or high water

If someone says they'll do something come hell or high water, they mean that nothing will stop them, no matter what happens.

There was a terrible flood after a thunderstorm near Waterloo. The little lake in Genval went out of its bed and the ducks could walk between the cars. This fisherman hasn't lost his enthusiasm !

8 comments:

Pietro said...

Gattina, with these images you've depicted really well the two idioms.

Mar said...

Love it when a feline decorates your pictures.
Great idioms, Gattina. Sorry about the flood, though. That's why we love our little hill... :)
Mine is up, happy Wednesday!!

quilly said...

The second half of "the grass is greener" idiom is that, if one was to get that thing they couldn't have, it wouldn't please them as much as they expected it to anyway.

I love that Rosie is in the pic. I just plain love your cats!

I'm sorry, too, to hear about your flooding. I hope you're "high and dry" (another idiom)!

Jientje said...

Hey there, early bird!! You've done very well on, I especially love the picture with Rosie!

Melli said...

My mother used to always say I thought the grass was greener on the other side. And I guess SOMetimes I do -- but most often I'm just happy to HAVE grass! LOL!

I have heard from Krysti this morning! She has been out of Amsterdam for a few days. They have been to Paris, and to Geneva - she HATED Geneva! Said the people were horrid. Today she is heading for Munich! She likes Munich... she's been there before.

Thom said...

These are great idioms and the photos match them so well. I've also heard that The Grass isn't greender on the other side...same thing I think. Excellent. Happy ATWII

ROSIDAH said...

Wonderful idioms and photos! Your cat is a beauty. I'm so sorry to read about the flood. Enthusiasm is always good in these difficult situations. Have a great day, Gattina.

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Great job, Gattina!! Perfect choice of photos for the idioms (or idioms for the photos).