Mar 2, 2009

ODD SHOT - MACRO MONDAY

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
More here at Katney

Saturday was a "Balloon Parade" in Brussels. Of course Brussels' symbol the Manneken Pis (Little man piss) was not missing.

And now this ! Prude America ! Apparently Photobucket's vice squad has very poor knowledge about history.

Maneken Pis is a statue from the 14th century and its history is written here in the Wikipedia'.

"In the 14th century, Brussels was under siege by a foreign power. The city had held their ground for quite some time. The attackers had thought of a plan to place explosive charges at the city walls. A little boy named Juliaanske from Brussels happened to be spying on them as they were preparing. He urinated on the burning fuse and thus saved the city."

And became Brussels symbol. That he is present as a baloon is the same as the Statue of Liberty in New York would be present as a baloon !

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This is the original which is visited by millions of tourists all over the world. He also has around 600 costumes offered from all countries !

Photobucket

This was the picture which violated poor Photobuckets terms of use ! I wonder what use ??





Photobucket
Here he had to bent because of the electrical wires.



More participants at Lisa's Chaos

Photobucket
Not that I am waiting for "fresh" snails in our garden, but I found an empty house from last year !

30 comments:

humanobserver said...

A great macro shot :)

humanobserver said...

And the first photograph made me laugh :):):)

Pietro said...

Funny the "Baloon Parade" (I imagine there were caricatures of politicians too!) and very nice the macro photograph.

Mar said...

The child seems so big as a balloon, lol.

Love the abandonned house you found :)

quilly said...

I don't know that I'd want him traveling above me!

Jama said...

That's a good macro!

Gypsy at heart said...

LOL...loved your description of the empty snail shell.
http://wanderingwonderinggypsy.blogspot.com/

Babooshka said...

The first is hilarious and the close ups are so sharp.

Jientje said...

I love the close up of the snail!!

Hilda said...

Oh goodness at that balloon!

Even the second photo would have been a great Odd Shot!

Aileni said...

I am glad you included people in the other picture - the scale did not register in the first.
Great entry.

Your EG Tour Guide said...

Oh, I see you have critters in your garden too! Nice photo of the shell.

Dianne said...

I love the balloon! If they flew that here in the states there would be protests from the penis puritans!

TJ said...

Empty house...now that was good!
TJ
http://tjphotoexpressions.blogspot.com/2009/03/macro-monday-wonder.html

Devita said...

I can't stop laughing...

JC said...

There are quite a few folks under the fountain!

Love your macro!

kathleen dale said...

This picture is so funny. Thanking for sharing this. I never would have imagined a balloon like this one.

Thanks for visiting my blog too. I love your design. I see you like animals too.

Jan said...

Empty is the only type of snail I like.

Katney said...

Naked balloons!! Whatever will come next?

I am happy to say we have no snails in our garden, and are generally spared their cousins the slugs as well. In damper areas of our state the slugs come in sizes up to 4 or 5 inches (about 15 cm.)

Barb said...

OMG! That is Brussels' symbol!? You all have a great sense of humor! Please tell me it is has a meaning like "blessed with rain" or something! Here in the U.S. people would be making complaints all over the place. But he makes me laugh! I'm just glad that wasn't your macro shot! I love the snail "house"... amazing structure of nature.

Michelle said...

Little man piss? LOL!

Love the snail shell shot. Great MM!

Carletta said...

Dianne said it - here there would be contention over that balloon!
Love the little snail house.

Catherine said...

wow ! you get a kind of Carnival. In our country, we used to say that people of the North of france are used to have fun when it's time to celebrate festivals.

Catherine said...

An empty house ! You're so funny, Gattina. Almost fossilized !

CameoRoze said...

Nice subtle coloring in your macro snail shot

Lovin' Macro Mondays,
Cameo @-->-->---

Tammie Lee said...

Empty shells are good, ha. Great photo subject~

R and J said...

I have also a little balloon today in my post...but snails are the nightmare to me. I mean the new type of snails here in Sweden which are eating all flowers and green things up in gardens.

Izzy 'N Emmy said...

OMG, that is so funny! Great captures!

lisaschaos said...

I am laughing so hard! I would never have thought they would make him into a balloon! Love your snail too!

Happily Retired Gal said...

Fun post! I'm with Lisa ... laughing as I type. I played too ;--)
Hugs and blessings,