Jan 10, 2009

PHOTO HUNTERS - Aftermath

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
more participants here

This was quite a difficult word for me, I had never heard it, so I looked in the dictionary and it says :

1. period following bad event: the consequences of an event, especially a disastrous one, or the period of time during which these consequences are felt
in the aftermath of the war

2. second crop: a second crop or growth of grass in the same season, after the first harvest or mowing









This is Olympia in Greece, the place where the first olympic games started. You see here the aftermaths of several earthquakes during the years.

7 comments:

humanobserver said...

Thank you very much for sharing this with us...

CRIZ LAI said...

Wow! These shots are amazing. I never thought you could still see such a beautiful ruin after so many years.

http://crizcats.blogspot.com/

Mar said...

Bravo!! not only your pictures are great, your take on the theme is very clever.
For once I am home and not "hunting" as the theme didn't inspire me at all. In fact all I could think of was disasters and I don't photograph those!!

PastorMac's Ann said...

Fascinating Gattina! Really like what you've chosen for the theme (which I also thought was challenging)

Great job.

YTSL said...

Considering the earthquakes and age of the place, it's amazing there are things left to see!

Maribeth said...

The pictures are lovely, but I love your new header!!!!

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Oh, these are outstanding!