Dec 16, 2008

THAT's MY WORLD - Brussels' Christmas market


more participants here

On sunday morning I went to the center of Brussels, to see the Christmas decoration at the Grand'Place and also the Christmas market


This year the tree came from Germany and mesures 20 m (66 feet)



The figures of the crèche had the size of a human.



One part of the Christmas market was around the Stock Market building "La Bourse"






The other part of the market was on place St. Cathrine, which is usually the fisher market.










Even a place for ice skating was there and in the back you can see a huge giant wheel



And to warm you up, they even served warm beer !! That must really be something special.

14 comments:

Anna said...

I have never seen Brussels during Christmastime! These are lovely! I did fix my site....sorry they were so big! You can check it out now! Have a very Merry Christmas!!

Louise said...

Wonderful! I am finding I am very much in need of going to a European Christmas market! It has moved up to the "must do" things on my list from the "would like to do!" Love this post!

JennWasHere said...

I love market places! Your market place is so pretty because of great architecture.

Have a look at my world here.

Indrani said...

All set for Christmas. So well decorated! Nice shots!

Mar said...

I am listening to Christmas music in my head! very lovely.

Arija said...

How did they fit all those stalls into the market place? A fantastic Christmas market and the square looks so festive with that huge Christmas tree.

babooshka said...

I have always wanted to go to a Munich or Bavaria but Brussels looks the place to be.

chrome3d said...

Skating and that big ferris wheel looked really fun.

fishing guy said...

Gattina: That is a beautiful display with great buildings.

Ruth said...

I would love to visit this market, and the city. We have a much smaller Christmas market in our much smaller city, but with the outdoor vendors and skating. I enjoyed your previous posts. Those marzipan baby Jesuses.. I wouldn't eat them because I hate marzipan ;-)

MariesImages said...

WOw, these are wonderful & very festive!
Marie

MariesImages said...

WOw, these are wonderful & very festive!
Marie

Dianne said...

so much to see and do!! so much more than just shopping, I love that!!

The Good Life in Virginia said...

my oh my what an amazing market and christmas tree. how i would love to be there and take in all that atmosphere...thanks for such an interesting post and all the wonderful pictures too.
take care and have a good week.