27.12.08

ROUND ROBINS - Favourite Toy




In my 3rd youth it's hard to find toys in your house when you are not blessed with a bunch of grandchildren not to speak of only one. I am not at all updated with what kids play today except that they play with computers ! I never buy a toy when a baby is born, I always buy something more useful. I don't have any special toys kept from my childhood, I don't even remember with what I played except my dollhouse but that is since over 30 years in the attic.

But I have living toys, they are my favourites ! and there I am very much updated what kind of toys they like ! My "toys" today are my cats. We follow the rule of an old long married couple now without children which has to have at least one cat or a dog. In our case we have 5 cats (you can see them here on my cat blog). Unfortunately 3 of them are rather quiet and posh ladies who spent most of the time sleeping and grooming. The only male Arthur prefers to play outside with real stuff. Remains little Rosie.

Rosie only loves this kind of toy. That's her favourite ! Green, red and yellow mice (or mousies as cat lovers call them) filled with catnip.



Usually I give her 2, but after a week with intensive playing the mouse has no tail and no eye anymore and the stuffing hangs out and it looks ready for the bin.



For Christmas Rosie got 4 ! Is she happy !



During the night Rosie ranges her mousies around or even in the food bowls. I never found out why. But that's what I usually see in the morning or one is swimming in the water and the other in the bowl.

6 comments:

Eleanor said...

Your skywatch sky looks chilly to me but I am sure the Christmas market must have been a lovely event to attend. In this part of the world it is summer! I also live alone but not with cats (I am fond of cats though) but with my two faithful labradors. And there are always balls or chewy toys lying underfoot!

humanobserver said...

Lovely series of photographs !

Carly said...

Hi Gattina :)

I thought about showing my kitties favorite toys as well. Elvis had so many, and some have been passed down to the new cats. :) It's a lot of fun to watch them play with their favorites. :) Great seeing your cats.

Always, Carly

Suzanne R said...

I hadn't thought of the cats' toys but they are the only toys I have, other than a few in storage that I will be giving the grandkids but aren't really what I had in mind for this challenge. The kitties like them when they're new but ignore them after the catnip smell wears off, I guess! LOL!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great story and Photos Gattina I really enjoyed it! Rosie seems very content with her new toys! If I missed saying Merry Christmas.. I am saying it now!:)

Jama said...

Like you , I too don't have any toys from my childhood, thank God the 2 sons still hoarding their even thought they are in their 20s.