9.12.08

MY WORLD - Brussels Station and market


more participants here

Sunday morning the weather was nice and sunny so I took the train to Brussels, which takes only 20 min. Just outside the Station is the midi market. It is very big and contents about 400 stands.







The station in its Christmas dress



the famous Belgian chocolates

Just outside the station starts the market









Police watches that everything goes smooth, but so far I have never heard about a serious incident except of course pick pockets !



Need some curtains ?




fresh flowers or Christmas decorations ?



If you want to read more about the Midi Market in Brussels go to my Travel blog here

8 comments:

Clara said...

This looks like a great place to visit. Especially the chocolate store - I'm a big fan of chocolate! The flowers were beautiful, too.

Mar said...

It seems one can find everything over there!! the thing I like the most is that they are open on Sundays, that's luxury!!

humanobserver said...

A lovely series of photographs......

Louise said...

I have never lived near a good market, so when I visit one, I love them. This one looks worthy of spending a lot of time in.

The Good Life in Virginia said...

what a great series of photos and info...i just love open market areas...always find them to carry unusual items.
thanks for sharing.

SandyCarlson said...

What a feast for the eyes!

Gaelyn said...

Nice tour. I especially like the blue lights display in the station. The outdoor market looks like a fun place to shop. Thanks for sharing.

Arija said...

So nice and convenient to have a market right next to the station with such a great vatiety of goods.