Jun 4, 2008

PROJECT BLUE

N°4

more participants here at Anna Carlson's




I took this picture in the Topkapi museum in Istambul. It represents the biggest diamond of the world and of course is strictly forbidden to photograph. 4 guards watched with eagle eyes ! I wanted so badly to make a picture of this enormous diamond the size of a tennis ball ! I asked a group member to call my mobile and when it rang I pretended to speak but in reality I made this picture just in time before one of the guards became suspicious ! With my most innocent look I put my mobile away and admired this beautiful stone ! I think I am on the way to become a paparazzi !

10 comments:

Mark said...

Does this mean that I have to admit that we have a few rocks from Great Sand Dunes National Monument? Would you believe that we found them caught in the tread of our shoes? Even though they are about the size of the palm of my hand?

jientje said...

Way to go Gattina!

Mar said...

Well done, Gattina (oops!) I would love to see such beauty, one should probably wear shades in order to look at it!!

the teach said...

Whoa! We almost lost you Gattina! Now how would I or any of us save you from prison and bread and water?

quilly said...

Of all the places to try breaking the law, I wouldn't start in Istanbul!

juliana said...

wow, that was quite a steal!

Carletta said...

Thanks for making me smile!
It's hard for a photographer to not want to bend the rules!!!

Dr.John said...

Why you sneaky person you.

Melli said...

ROFLMBO! Gattina! You criminal!!! I do these things too... sad, but true! NOT sure I would try it in Istanbul though... OY!!!

Raven said...

Wow... cool shot. You are braver than I am.