May 22, 2008

QUILLY's ALPHABET - V - VACATION

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
More participants here at Quilly's Alphabet

Letter V = Vacation pictures of Greece


The Parliament


The House in Athenes of Heinrich Schliemann, the German excavator and archeologist.


The view over Athens from my hotel bar on the roof. Behind the illuminated Acropolis


another view out of another Hotel room !


This is Pan, the Greek god of shepherds and flocks, of mountain wilds, hunting and rustic music: He has the hindquarters, legs, and horns of a goat, and another special attribute.

8 comments:

Mar said...

If they told me the true story, the current building which houses the Parliament is the palace where Queen Sophie of Spain grew up. I remember a huge hotel across the street, which was built to receive distinguished guests... No, I had a room somewhere else when I visited Athens..

I had another picture of Pan, in the forest, shy and happy,playing the Pan-flute, lol.

Great choice for V!

quilly said...

Yikes! No wonder women feared Pan!

Melli said...

OY! I truly AM starting to re-think this whole idea of going to Greece now!

Dr.John said...

Now that's a vacation I would like to go on. Wonderful pictures.

Carletta said...

Again, wonderful images of your vacation - love the angle on the first two.
I'm laughing at Melli's comment- will any of us forget who Pan is now!!!

Robert said...

How do you expect us to take any of the other photos serious after "that" picture??? Ha ha.

Alice - I Was Born2Cree8 said...

What a beautiful vacation you must have had. I'd love to go to Greece.

Reba @ Reba's Run said...

Whoof! Very pretty "V" piktures.