May 24, 2008

PHOTO HUNTERS - SHOES

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us





This is the first leather shoe of our son which I had casted in bronze. It's a use in Belgium and a lot of parents still do it.



My sons shoes today together with the sandals of his girlfriend. See the size difference !



and this is my shoeshelf in the basement. As you can see, shoes don't interest me very much. It's just a necessity. My mother was different, she had 66 pairs of shoes (new) when she died !

Grab the Photo Hunt code join and visit us




  • 27 comments:

    eastcoastlife said...

    awwww... I should have made my son's first shoes into a cast too. He had such tiny feet then.

    I'm happy with one pair of shoes, I often wonder why there are people who need so many pairs. hehe....

    Pretty Life Online said...

    nice one for today's theme... the movie Sx and the City changed New York to New Yorks become a big shoe store now... LOL! thanks for stopping by.

    Mar said...

    That's a lovely way to keep the baby's shoes!!
    I love shoes, but they have to be comfortable. The sexy years are over, I guess, lol.
    Happy weekend :)

    JesieBlogJourney said...

    I like the idea of having your son's shoe casted in bronze.

    LOL, his feet versus his girlfriend's mirror those of my husband's and mine.

    Lady Demeter said...

    amazing!

    KISSEDALOTATOADS said...

    Wow,... I remember when they used to do that in the states. So,... are the big white fluffy ones cat slippers??? I should have taken a photo of my lion slippers!!! Have a wonderful memorial weekend.

    WillThink4Wine said...

    Gattina, I'm with you! I hate shoes and usually can be found wearing sandals.

    jientje said...

    I love how you compare then and now!

    Sue said...

    Our Mom had our baby shoes bronzed too. She keeps them in her living room still :)

    Happy photo hunting!

    Mickey said...

    I like the bronze :)
    His SHOES now are big enough for a cat to sleep in ,heehee
    Purrs Mickey

    A. said...

    Great pictures! I love your son's shoe in bronze. I'm like you, not very interested in shoes.

    One of my shots is very like one of yours :)

    Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

    Mom doesn't care for fancy shoes, either. If they are comfortable and don't hurt, she likes 'em!!

    Great photo of you son's baby and present shoes :)

    ~ Bandit

    Hootin' Anni said...

    Hi Gattina...you're the first I've seen with the bronze baby shoe! And here I was thinking earlier, I'd see a lot of them. I stand corrected.

    Great shoe photos.

    Sarge Charlie said...

    interesting collection of shoes.
    On this Memorial Day remember those who died for your freedom.

    Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer “am I worth dying for?”~

    Eleanor Roosevelt

    the teach said...

    Great shoes, Gattina! I don't know if people in the US bronze shoes anymore. When I was young they did. How come you have only one bronzed shoe? :D

    marcia said...

    awww yes how precious
    Some shoes are made better by the wearer and where they take
    you like these

    claudie said...

    Love the first leather shoe of your son; This is not a practice we have here. I don't have many shoes too but I must buy some because in summer sometimes I like to wear nice clothes with nice shoes. For the moment the weather doesn't inspire me!

    Melli said...

    I do LOVE that little bronze shoe! I thought we MIGHT see a close up of the cat slippers on the shelf...

    Cindy said...

    Like you, I see shoes as a necessity and only have one pair at a time. My girls, on the other hand (or should that be "foot"?) don't know when to quit.

    PastorMac's Ann said...

    Wow! What a comparison between your son's shoes and his girl friend's sandals.

    Great picks for The Hunt.

    Siani said...

    What a lovely idea - and a nice take on the theme. I'm like you - shoes are a necessity, but nothing special. Have a great weekend!

    jmb said...

    I have lots of shoes too, but that's because I never throw them out and some are very old. But they all are comfortable!

    Leslie said...

    Awww, what a gorgeous memory. :)

    Cheerio said...

    That is a good idea. Maybe I should do that on my grandson's shoes. That shoes on the photo was used by his elder brother on his baptism too. On your second photo I presume your son is very big basing on the shoes.
    Thanks for the visit.

    Alice - I Was Born2Cree8 said...

    Gatina, that reminds me of bronze baby shoes my parents had done of my oldest brother's shoes. He passed away at a year and a half.

    SnoopyTheGoon said...

    That's a great collection, thanks for sharing.

    Have a great weekend!

    -TNChick- said...

    My brother has a set of bronzed shoes... neat keepsakes!