May 4, 2008

CAMERA CRITTERS - QUILLY's ABC


more participants here






-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A dog on duty





------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This lady worked with her owl for the city of Hastings (UK)to chase the seagulls away. There are so many seagulls attacking people that this owl is very useful. She spots seagulls immediately.




----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seagulls dive on people and steal sandwiches or icecream, whatever eatable !




******************************************



Quilly's Alphabet each day a photo of the alphabet



A (whirling) Dervish, photo taken in Egypt

17 comments:

Tammy said...

That is so neat with the owl!

Indrani said...

Seagulls have ice creams too? My eyespopped out at that shot. Loved the owl too, very unique. :)

Mine is a butterfly at i Share.

Sherry said...

Great critter shots! That is amazing about the owl!

quilldancer said...

Love the Alphabet shot. The colors are incredible!

I also ejoyed the trivia about the owl. I have been the victim of a pigeon attack -- only it went for my lunch, not me. Too many people feed them and they get too fearless and aggressive.

Mar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mar said...

Never heard of seagulls being a problem but I now I can also see why...!!

OOps, wrong typing, that's why I had to delete my comment, sorry :)
But your picture is a great choice for D, after your Dear Cats, of course!!

Melli said...

Ah! Now... that DERVISH has GOT to be the most exotic "D" we get today! That was WONDERFUL thinking Gattina! I know NO ONE else will post a dervish!

Let me tell you... when we go over to the beach, you don't DARE to FEED the seagulls... if you do, you will be swarmed by 5000 of them! They Chesapeake Beach contingency seems to THRIVE on Cheetos!

Sharon said...

Love this post! That working owl is very interesting. He is a lvely bird, too.

Karen of Sillymonkeez said...

Very nice D shot! Love the special effects. At first I thought it was someone strangley dressed doing the disco. LOL!!

i beati said...

oh gattina what special pictures - I just loved it

R&J said...

I found your blog to be very-very interesting! Thank you for sharing things you see from "keyhole" :)

Misty Dawn said...

WOW - what an awesome post! Critters with jobs - I LOVE it! Thanks SO much for this great post.

juliana said...

great stuff here!
the photo of the dervish is awesome!

Nessa said...

Great D's. Birds are so fascinating.

Katney said...

Our cats always inform my husband when it is feeding time. Interesting about the owl--what a job.

andrée said...

I've never ever heard of gulls attacking people. Or of using owls. It's an amazing post, Gattina!

Minkydo said...

Love the photo from Egypt. The colors are amazing.