Mar 28, 2008

PHOTO HUNTERS

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I took this picture standing under the Atomium in Brussels. The Atomium is a monument built for Expo '58, the 1958 Brussels World's Fair. It is 102-metre (335-feet) tall, with nine steel spheres connected. The top sphere provides a panoramic view of Brussels. Each sphere is 18 metres in diameter. The vertical vertex contains lift which has been very fast and advanced at the time of building (the speed is 5 m/s).



The crane here below is very high. It is used for the construction of a new mall in Brussels, by keeping the wall of an old department store.



This is one of the shopping galeries in Brussels, with a very high ceiling



and here is our weeping willow covered with ice. It stands in our garden and has become very high in 32 years. When we moved in our house it looked like a little twig.



16 comments:

YTSL said...

Good variety this week! Especially like the picture of the indoor mall and your ice-covered weeping willow. :)

Sanni said...

Î don´t know why... but somehow I knew you´d chose the Atomium - that´s why I went with the Eiffel Tower *g*

Die Trauerweide gefällt mir auch richtig gut.

Psst... vielleicht magst Du Dein Oldtimer post mit der Photo Hunt verlinken, damit diejenigen, die Dich über Dein Profil besuchen auch die Hunt finden... ich mein ja nur, weil Du das sonst auch machst und mir heute aufgefallen ist, dass der link fehlt :-)

Mar said...

High quality choices, Gattina! Hope your weeping willow isn't covered with ice anymore...Happy weekend!

Criz Lai said...

I have always loved the Atomium as well as the shopping malls in Brussels. Nice shots Gattina :)

Hop in for some fun
http://crizcats.blogspot.com/
and/or have a look sometimes why need things to be HIGH
http://www.crizlai.com/
Have a nice weekend!

Mickey said...

Those are all super examples of HIGH!!! There are nice places to see in Brussels! I like the Atomium and the shopping gallery :)

Dianne (and Cosmo) said...

Awesome shots! That is a huge weeping willow-watch it for lightning as it is a conductor.

Jenty said...

I love the firsy photo! Very interesting

mousey said...

wow, you've got wonderful set of pictures here.

happy hunting!

Melli said...

Very cool! I remember that Atomium - I think you posted it once before - or maybe someone else did! It is a neat structure! But I absolutely LOVE your weeping willow dressed in winter! GORGEOUS!!! WOW!

Siani said...

Lovely pics, especially the weeping willow. I want one for my garden! Have a great weekend.

Dragonstar said...

Great selection of photos. I love that picture of your tree. I've not seen a photo of the Atomium for years, so it was quite a treat for me.

John said...

Wonderful set of pictures.

BlogScope said...

I like the way you put consistency in your photography, indeed you have a very nice post!!!

Check mine HERE!!!

Have a great Weekend!!!

denz said...

Wow! I love your picture, just keep it up and enjoy!!!

check mine also:
PHOTOHUNTER-1
PHOTOHUNTER-2

Happy Weekend guys!!!

Bonggamom said...

I love your tree and the story behind it. How wonderful to to think that you saw it grow up.

barb michelen said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is