Feb 24, 2008

ROUND ROBIN - SHOES







When the weather is nice and sunny, summer or winter I like to go to sunday markets. Not for vegetables or fruits but just for walking around, watching people and looking at all these different things which are sold here. It goes from food over houshold appliances, textile, clothing, almost everything you need or wish. The prices are usually so cheap that you wonder how can they make some benefit on the sold things.




I saw this shoe stand on a market in Amsterdam (Holland) and found it so cute that the cat was watching over the shoes.




The biggest market in Belgium is in Brussels with more than 400 stands ! When the weather is nice it is quite crowded and you hear all kind of languages. Many tourists go there too.



These little shoes were sold for 5 € they are very cute so I immediately bought a pair. (The next week I bought another pair I couldn't resist).

11 comments:

Carly said...

Hi Gattina

Those are cute shoes. I like the red and white polka dot ones. I have a cute red blouse they would go great with! :) The cat watching over the shoes is purrfect. LOL.

Always, Carly

Sandcastle Momma said...

Those markets look incredible! Your photos really make me want to fly over and spend days wandering through them. Great job!

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Oh, cool! I like the cat perched there, and a row of colorful shoes.

Jan said...

Maybe I'll have to come to Amsterdam. I know it's beautiful, but the market looks extra tempting. Love your photos.

MyMaracas said...

Your photos are always so luscious and vivid. I love the idea of an outdoor shoe market - looks like great fun and the prices are right.

:-)
Vicki

lisa marie said...

Those shoes in the last photo are so cute and the cat in the first photo is hoping to be taken home by someone. :)

Kiva said...

So which ones did you buy? The polka dot ones? I really like those. Of course, you'd take a photo of shoes with a guard cat! LOL.

Sandra said...

I wanna shop there now! Love the cat also. Thanks for sharing!

Janet said...

So many to choose from...so little time :-)

Suzanne R said...

Of course, my favorite photo is the one with the cat in it. ;-) All are great, though. The shoes in that last shot are adorable -- I would have a terrible time deciding on which one or ones to buy if I were there! (If I could wear such shoes, but I won't go into that here.) I love the European markets that I've seen so many pictures of online. Maybe someday, through a miracle of some kind, I'll get there. :-)

lifes2odd said...

Cute shoes, cool entry :-)
Martha ~ http://journals.aol.com/lifes2odd/perception/