Jun 22, 2007

PHOTO HUNTERS - SHINY

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I took these pictures in Istambul during my trip through Turkey.


Shiny lamps and jewlery in the Istambul Bazar


Inside of the Basilica Cistern dating from the 6th century the water furnished Istambul


Inside the blue mosque



wonderful shiny mosaics


Grab the Photo Hunt code join and visit us



  • 43 comments:

    tegdirb92 said...

    what a beautiful country!! I love those lanterns in the first photo. great "shiny" theme, Gattina!

    jmb said...

    Thanks for sharing these Gattina, they are wonderful. I've never been to Turkey and would love to go

    Lulu said...

    Wow, these pictures are just beautiful! I love the lamps! I need one for my home. Guess I'll have to make a trip to Turkey. :-)

    TorAa said...

    Oh my dear, you beat us all.

    I do think I have to drive down so you can have your own Waterloo;)))

    Barbara said...

    Great shiny pictures and lots of them!

    Zsolt said...

    nice series! my favorite is the picture with the columns:)

    Jenn in Holland said...

    Lovely shots again Gattina! I love the columns with the lights best too!

    Mousey said...

    wow! super shots. im facinated with the 2nd pic.

    happy weekend!

    Amazing Gracie said...

    Beautiful pictures! And I'm so glad your cable is back up...
    ~~~Blessings~~~

    Dragonheart said...

    Nice selection of photos for shiny. :) Turkey looks like an amazing place to visit. :)

    Heart of Rachel said...

    Beautiful photos! Istambul is an interesting place to visit. Thanks for sharing these lovely places.

    eastcoastlife said...

    Oh beautiful and so many shiny things in them. Istanbul seems a nice place for shopping. :)

    Mark said...

    Hi, I bet the mosaics were fascinating, makes you think how many people and how much time it must have taken.

    Cheers Mark

    ipanema said...

    Such beauty in those mosaics! I love your photos! :)

    Maribeth said...

    Yes, I saw so many shiny things in Istanbul. Greta city!

    Paulie said...

    Thanks for the shiny tour! Nice to have you visit my blog also. Thanks again.

    Drew said...

    Some very beautiful shiny photos.

    GEWELS said...

    Gorgeous shots- the cathedral is spectacular.
    Turkey is hihg on my list of must see countries.
    Thanks for sharing these.

    Whirlwind said...

    Great pictures. Thanks for sharing!

    Judi said...

    Fabulous shots! Beautiful!

    Angelo said...

    Hello Gattina!!! Great shiny pics (as always)! Seeing the Blue Mosque in person must have been an awesome site. I love those shots with the illuminated pillars.

    Nermal wants to let you know that we've been meaning to play these past 2 Tuesdays, but we got depressed when we heared about Oscar, and then we got busy. But Nermal promises to play and finish that tag that you gave us this Tuesday! see you then and Happy hunting!

    A. said...

    Great pictures! And they brought back some memories for me too. It's quite a few years now since I was in Istanbul, so it was nice to be reminded.

    JC said...

    Great shots, one and all... wonderful choices!

    Benjamin Fuzz said...

    those are beautiful photos of beautiful locations!

    --ben fuzz

    (mom found the silver cat ring on ebay for $15)

    Melli said...

    Beeeeeauuuuuuutiful!

    LoveMyStarr said...

    Those are gorgeous photos! Yet more places I would like to see.

    Callie Ann said...

    good photo's

    Gran - (Angela) said...

    Wonderful photo very fitting for our theme today. Have a wonderful weekend!

    SJ said...

    Wow! What beautiful photos. Great choices for this weeks theme.

    Have a great weekend.

    Mama Bear June said...

    Beautiful photos.
    http://burnettfamnews.blogspot.com/2007/06/photo-hunters-shiny.html

    YTSL said...

    Visited Istanbul in September 2003. Enjoyed my time there and have lots of good memories. Just wish that my camera hadn't conked out on me on the trip! Especially after seeing your very nice Istanbul photos, Gattina! ;(

    Puss-in-Boots said...

    That mosque is amazing...and all the candles! The cistern gave me the shivers though...presumably underground? Shudder...that does nothing for me.

    April said...

    Very intersting place. Thanks for sharing!

    CRIZ LAI said...

    Haha...I got distracted by one of your post down there...so comical. Anyway, you did a good job shooting those photos in here. Love that interior of the blue mosque :)

    srp said...

    Those are great shiny pictures... and all those necklaces that sparkle... how could you ever choose just one!

    meeyauw said...

    You visited beautiful places. I especially loved the photo of the cistern with the candles glowing in the water. Eastern mosaics are full of wonderful mathematics.

    meeyauw said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    Vader's Mom said...

    Amazing photos!! I really wish I could travel.

    Jose said...

    What a great set of pictures, all good examples of the week's theme.

    mar said...

    Great shiny pics!!!
    :)
    better late than never

    Rachel said...

    Very nice shiny pictures!!!

    Tasra Dawson said...

    What gorgeous pictures. Truly amazing! I especially loved the second one.

    Thanks for stopping by on Saturday!

    Renee said...

    What beautiful shiny photos. I especially love that last one.

    Thanks for stopping by.