Mar 9, 2007

PHOTO HUNTERS - ARCHITECTURE

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


The royal Palace in Brussels, style Louis XVI built in 1820.


This is the place where the king usually receives his visitors. It's also his "office". Every morning at 9 pm he arrives here for his working day.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Central Station
in Brussels





Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


The "Grand Place" of Brussels, Gothic style. 15th century

Here with the flower carpet which is set up every two years in August.





Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The Atomium, sign of Brussels, built in 1958 for the World fair


If you want to see a detailed visit of the Atomium it go to

  • my travel blog





  • Grab the Photo Hunt code join and visit us





  • 39 comments:

    Viamarie said...

    Awesome! Love the subject matter.

    Relax and have a great weekend!

    Shoshana said...

    That flower carpet? That is so impressive!

    ChupieandJ'smama said...

    Stunning pictures! I knew you would have some gorgeous architecture. I love the palace. Makes me wish I was royalty :)

    Incog & Nito said...

    Wonderful photos. So much history. Happy weekend.

    Melli said...

    Well NOW you've done it! You burst my bubble! I have always pictured Kings sitting on their thrones doing thronely things all day long! NEVER would I picture them doing the hum-drum chore of getting up to go to a JOB every day! sheeeeeesh Next you'll be telling me he doesn't wear a cape or crown!

    I LOVE that Atomium -- how COOL!

    TNChick said...

    Wow.

    If only you knew how badly I'd love to see these in person!!

    Chateau said...

    Hi Gattina! Finally found the right architecture post, LOL! Great photos. I love the flower carpet. It's amazing how they do it!
    I'm still laughing at the poopy post :D

    Beckie said...

    Cool pictures. I would LOVE to visit there. One day maybe. Thanks for sharing and for coming by. Happy weekend.

    Vader's Mom said...

    I seriously need to get out and travel more. Those were beautiful. Thank you!

    Jose said...

    These are such fine examples of architecture. I particularly like the last one built for the world fair. It looks like it was so far ahead of it's time.

    maiylah said...

    love that flower carpet against the "Grand Place"! so beautiful!

    Lulu said...

    What a wonderful place to visit! Beautiful pix!

    amy said...

    this is awesome..would love to go

    PowersTwinB said...

    How grand that flower carpet is! I would love to see that in person! It must take hours and days to put up! My photo is up, please come and visit

    marianne said...

    wow, what awesome photos! just spectacular. The flower carpet is just gorgeous. Excellent examples of architecture.

    srp said...

    The old palaces of Europe are really quite ornate, such detail to the plasterwork. And that carpet of flowers, the colors take my breath away!

    eija said...

    An awesome flower arrangement!

    When I visited Belgium I was just a kid - and the program was pretty tight - so I didn't really see a lot. And remember even less :D So Belgium - and Brussels - is one of the places I would like to see one day. Who knows?

    Great selection of photos :)

    Linda said...

    Marvelous pictures and great takes on the theme, I love the flower carpets!

    jennyr said...

    my gosh! the flower carpet is beautiful! love ur choices!

    Connie said...

    Those are some wonderful photos of beautiful architecture. Thanks for sharing.

    Take care,
    Connie
    My photo is up.

    Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

    lovely architecture! thanks for sharing. the grand palace in brussels looks almost like a galdi to me....

    smiles, bee

    Patti said...

    Oh, I love Brussels! Thanks for brining back memories.

    pat said...

    Great photos and beautiful structures. I will have to get over to Brussels real soon!

    Dragonheart said...

    Wonderful examples of architecture. :) The Royal Palace and Grand Place are just beautiful! That flower carpet is amazing. :)

    Amy in NY said...

    Stunning! That floral carpet looks spectacular and it lays in front of a building fitting for it's display.

    the night owl said...

    WOW!!!! Great pictures for today. My picture is up...come over and visit
    Baba

    Caylynn said...

    Beautiful photos. :) The Royal Palace looks like many of the buildings we saw when we visited Paris. That flower carpet in front of the Grand Place is amazing!

    Heart of Rachel said...

    Hi Gattina. I love those beautiful structures. Such fascinating sights especially the "Grand Place" of Brussels. The flower carpet is simply marvelous. I could just imagine all the efforts put into that great work of art. The Atomium is also a magnificent structure.

    Thank you for visiting my photo hunt. Take care!

    Barbara H. said...

    Those are all beautiful.

    PEA said...

    I've always been fascinated with European architecture, especially the Goth style, but unfortunately I've never traveled overseas to see them for myself! Beautiful buildings with so much history behind them!! Thank you so much for sharing these photos with us. Have a wonderful day:-) xox

    Teena said...

    Nice collection of pix!

    Mine's up too :)

    Irish Church Lady :) said...

    I love the Grand Place with the flower carpet. I just have to see that place sometime in my lifetime!!!

    My photo is of gothic architecture too and you can see the similarities very easily.

    meeyauw said...

    I love learning about Belgium from your blog! But the Grand Palace? The 2nd one? That's where I want to live! I don't think anyone could afford to build anything like that anymore.

    Rachel said...

    What an awesome building! I love the flowers! Now that would be something to see!!

    Sunflower said...

    Great shots!
    I like that central station!

    Thanks for stopping by my Sunflower blog and supporting me! Welcome back anytime.

    I will Exercise for Comments!
    Sunflower

    mar said...

    Great pictures, it's like a little tour!
    happy weekend!

    Desert Diva said...

    Great pictures of amazing structures. Have a great week!

    A. said...

    I *have* been to Brussels, but it was for work and I had only one morning to look around. Now I know what I was missing!

    Sorry for the late comment, I've been travelling. Thanks for stopping by :)

    Puss-in-Boots said...

    Fabulous architecture, Gattina. What a beautiful flower carpet...how long does it take to make that carpet?