Dec 13, 2006

LIGHTS OF THE HOLIDAYS - Round Robins

WORDLESS WEDNESDAY IS
  • here













  • ROUND ROBINS








    These pictures I have taken in my town Waterloo (Belgium) and they show the Christmas decoration the city has done. You surely will notice that the decoration is much less colorful than the American decoration. People in Europe mostly prefer a sober decoration, sometimes only in one or two colors.

    These were taken in our commercial Gallery. All trees with blue lights and white sprayed branches









    The glass covered ceiling of the gallery is also decorated with green branches.


    The main street through the city at 7 am on a sunday morning.




    One of the shops



    The City Hall of Waterloo (Maison Communale)




















    The entrance to the Christmas Market which took place inside a big tent, as the weather was so bad.





    Sorry, since yesterday it is impossible to comment on "Beta" Blogs.

    14 comments:

    Carly said...

    Hi :)

    Such lovely Christmas lights. How pretty! And I realy like the little candle graphic you used between each photo, that is a neat touch. :)

    Always, Carly

    Danella said...

    Oh what pretty lights! I also prefer one or two colors. This year its all white and red.

    Thank you for stopping by!

    Teena said...

    Very nice :)

    Thanks for stopping by mine!

    Janet said...

    Such pretty lights!

    Angelo said...

    Salut Gattina! All your pics are great, just as festive as the "more colourful" N.American decorations I think!

    I guess Blogger in beta is acting up again eh? I thought they fixed that....anyways, I'm not sure if you tried it, but you could always post a comment by choosing "Other" as your identity, it usually works for me....

    Happy WW Gattina :)

    Anonymous said...

    those are really pretty

    Anonymous said...

    I like this very much -- it is lovely to see the way other cultures celebrate Christmas. I think the European way has a lot of class.

    Lisa said...

    I especially like the city hall- so beautiful!

    Nancy said...

    Purdy lights you captured! Great job...

    Nancy

    Anonymous said...

    Hi Gattina

    Lovely pictures and pretty lights. This is just a quick call in.

    Talk soon.

    Robyn

    Karen Funk Blocher said...

    I love the blue trees, and the lights over the street, and...well, I like all of these pictures. Thanks for showing us a more subtle take on Christmas lights!

    Anonymous said...

    Lovely photos. It's wonderful to see all those Christmas lights and decorations.

    Rach

    Chaotic Mom said...

    These pics remind me of an exchange student we had from Russia. His dad was a very prosperous business man. But the kid had NEVER heard of Christmas lights! That was over ten years ago. I can only imagine the market for such lights over in Russia. ;)

    julie said...

    Very nice! Sometimes I wish Americans would go for something more toned down!