Oct 15, 2006

THINGS I BROUGHT FROM TURKEY

These are things I brought back from Turkey

















This eye is supposed to bring luck and protect you from "evil eyes". You find them everywhere, hanging on front doors, trees, and windows and they also are in all kind of other things.





on shopping bags







as keyholder


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

and also a bracelet with protecting eyes


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
and even Pookie is wearing proudly a collar with protecting eyes.

Turquoise is a stone from Turkey that's where the color and stone name came from. There is a lot of jewelry and quite cheap. The other country with a lot of turquoises is Arizona, where Indians have their jewelry from
















Beautiful handmade with real or fashion stones











wooden cats hand painted. Cats are well liked in Turkey and you find all kind of cats














Turkey is the place with a lot of Onyx. You find it mostly in Anatolia. Many houses have Onyx tiles and decoration.
Here is an egg I saw while it was cut out and abraded in an artisanal manufacture





also this dice





Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and if my house is not protected with all these eyes

I really don't know what to do !

4 comments:

mar said...

Love the things you brought back! I have never been to Turkey, maybe one day.
Lovely jewelry!
I am sure your house is well protected now, leave all the ghosts outside!!

Connie and Rob said...

I have an evil eye I bought at a special Greek event. Those cats are really special. People are going to love talking about them.

Take care,
Connie

Anonymous said...

Love the protective eyes, Gattina. I also have some of those painted cat ornaments, I have a red one and a white one. I got them in New Zealand a couple of years ago.

I'm sure you are well protected with all your Turkish eyes!

Take care

Robyn

Obsidian Kitten said...

oh, i just love all those protective eyes! how fascinating. pookie looks lovely with hers on

and the cats (well, of course)

and what lovely stones you found, too!